Getting to the next level as a working Announcer is the most elusive of all the steps in the profession. Trying to gain relevant information to create a path for yourself is discouraging. Finding the answers to the numerous questions you've been constantly asking has proven impossible.
Why? Unlike nearly every other profession, Announcing has no formal process for basic or advanced instruction. No higher education courses or curriculum, no structured adult education, and no apprenticeships or mentorships.
Consequently, Announcers are on their own in an environment filled with hypothetical, non-actionable conjecture offered by people with little, or NO, actual real-life experience working their way up to the highest levels of the craft.
"Getting To The Next Level!" is designed specifically for those that have a few years now in the business announcing events at the local or regional level. As an up-and-comer in the profession, you now have some experience but likely still lack the practical and actionable knowledge necessary to take that next step. For anyone ready to see that next level, this is the way to get yourself 'Behind the Scenes' to find out exactly what it takes.
"Getting To The Next Level!" is precisely this – direct industry expertise, from an industry professional with 25+ years invested at the highest levels. This course is designed to enable you to navigate and accelerate your efforts as an Announcer. There's nothing vague, unrealistic, or generic in this curriculum.
"Getting To The Next Level!" provides exactly the information and insights that you must know as you work your way through your early years in the business. This course outlines in very specific detail what you must do to ensure your success, and continually reach that next level as an Announcer. And if your goal is to increase your income as an Announcer to one day take your profession full-time, this course will break down what you will need to do over time, and what you can expect from your efforts.
In "Getting To The Next Level!" we’ll begin with the bottom line by answering the single most asked question, ‘Is there a secret?’. We’ll also provide an overview of "The 5 Rules for any new Announcer" that were introduced in the series companion course, “Getting Started!”, before we individually take each rule to the next level. And, to enable you to begin TODAY to create your path to the next level, we’ll introduce you to advanced level training content that is only otherwise available in “The Master Class from Michael C. Williams”.
As an Announcer, "Getting To The Next Level!" is the 'Backstage Credential' you've been looking for.
"Getting To The Next Level" is NOT that hypothetical speculation that an Announcer gets bombarded with when trying to find out what it takes to get to the next level!
"Getting To The Next Level!" is the 2 nd course in a two-part curriculum, and is designed to elevate the content introduced in the 1 st course, "Getting Started!". Each course is available separately, or together as a bundle. (see below "Get Started Now!")
"Getting To The Next Level!" focuses specifically on what an Announcer must do to continually move up to the next level in the profession.
If you have less than 5 years of continuous work as an active Announcer, we recommend that you take advantage of the full learning experience offered in this two-part curriculum. If you have not already enrolled in the 1 st course, "Getting Started!" , please complete this recommended prerequisite to your enrollment in the 2 nd course, “Getting To The Next Level!”.
“Getting Started!” introduces you to the curriculum and discusses the " The 5 Rules for any new Announcer" . The 1st course of the two-part curriculum provides a significant level of clear and actionable content, and establishes the critical foundation needed as you advance in the profession.
"For all Announcers, working in all types of Live Events... this is the place to learn how to get to that next level!"
You can currently enroll in the course "Getting To The Next Level!" in one of two ways:
1-on-1 LIVE Session with Michael C. Williams
Conducted on-line from the fully-immersive environment of the "Virtual Training Studio", this method of instruction provides you with a highly personalized delivery for the content in "Getting To The Next Level!". This customizable course offering is your most effective way to learn the content and begin to advance your career. You will also have unlimited access to the Pre-Recorded version of the course.
This LIVE session includes an in-depth overview of the 1st course, “Getting Started!”, of this two-part curriculum. As such, there are NO prerequisites to complete prior to enrolling.
Pre-Recorded Video Course
This self-paced course is your most cost-efficient way to learn and internalize the content. You will have unlimited access to this version of the course.
This pre-recorded version of the course builds upon the knowledge and understanding presented in the 1st course. As such, the completion of “Getting Started!” is a prerequisite to enrollment in “Getting To The Next Level!”. See “Bundle” option for your best value.
See "Get started now!" below for further course availability details.
In the Virtual Training Studio, every Announcer rehearses in a training environment that emulates a Live Event's sound and feel.
"Getting To The Next Level!" is an in-depth dive into the process of what needs to be done to set your path, and enable you to continually achieve that next level in the announcing profession.
"Getting To The Next Level!" is designed to take the actionable elements and techniques that were present in the 1st course, “Getting Started!”, and elevate them to the next level by introducing advanced level content from "The Master Class" located here at Live Event Announcing.
"Getting To The Next Level!" consists of twelve (12) modules:
- MODULE 1: "Here is the Secret!" And, yes, there is in fact a secret... but, it is absolutely not what you think it is. We'll begin by getting right to the bottom line.
- MODULE 2: "Understanding the 'Big Announcer On A Small Stage' phenomenon". Make the wrong decisions, or NO decisions -- and your career will be limited beyond your control. We will enable you to identify and define the natural phenomena at work here. Most importantly, we will help you to understand how your choices today are dictating your future possibilities.
- MODULE 3: "'The 5 Rules' taken to the Next Level." We'll begin with a brief review of "The 5 Rules for any new Announcer" that you learned in "Getting Started!". This will set the stage as we look at taking each Rule to an intermediate, and in certain cases, an advanced level.
- MODULE 4: "Can You Define Your Delivery?" An introduction to one of the two top courses in "The Master Class". We'll review those first steps that you learned in "Getting Started!", and then add three practical strategies that will allow you to establish your first ever 'working definition'. Remember, no one ever ultimately achieves their own success by simply imitating another.
- MODULE 5: "Are You Just Yelling?". There are 5 basic questions that you must stop and ask yourself to understand, if even only at times, you are simply yelling into your microphone. In this module, we'll get right into the second of the top two courses in "The Master Class". We'll look at all 5 questions, and ensure that you are able to begin to understand exactly how to utilize this information to control your own voice.
- MODULE 6: "The right Demo Reel. Let's get building!" A practical and simple set of steps to put into action before your first / next event. Commit right now to waste NO opportunity to collect valuable footage and clips. Here's what you need to do.
- MODULE 7: "That Fake Announcer Voice". Like most people, you would likely know it when you hear it, right? But, do you actually know WHAT it is, or WHY it happens? Drawing upon yet another course from "The Master Class", we'll identify the single most important element for you to utilize to control your own voice, and ensure that you never cross over into this place.
- MODULE 8: "Value". It is probably the single greatest mistake that an Announcer makes in the beginning, AND, throughout his/her first 5 to 10 years in the business. We'll be drawing insights from "The Master Class" course, "Are You Seen As A Value?", as we expand upon the Part 1 Module, "Finding jobs and getting paid". This next-level look will explain exactly how and why you will always get paid exactly what you are worth.
- MODULE 9: "Rehearse. Practice. Drill!" It's that important, so yes, we'll cover it again. In Part 1 we focused more on HOW to invest your valuable time the right way. Now, we'll address the equally as critical question of WHEN. The answer here, and the simple logic that validates it, will offer you one of the simplest ways to accelerate your success.
- MODULE 10: "Start doing TODAY what a true professional Announcer does every day". Know the actions, activities, and routines that guide the time and energy of a Professional. Any new Announcer should be implementing these same regimes into their own routines. Here's the SECOND half of that list.
The following two Modules will be included for a limited time:
- BONUS MODULE 1: "Self-Awareness." Seems simple enough, right? You may feel like you have this covered already, yes? Well there is much more to this subject than most are willing to experience on their own. Yet, as an Announcer, you will not continue to improve and reach those next levels until you embrace THIS process, in THIS way. The "The Master Class" course that delivers the most surprising "a-ha" moment, "You Feel You Are Self-Aware?", is the basis for this enlightening subject.
- BONUS MODULE 2: "An introduction to breathing". This challenging subject does not need to be as complicated as it is often presented to be. We will demystify it’s importance to your announcing career, and properly position it on your path to continually achieving that next level.
From the smallest stages, to the largest stadiums around the world.
Michael C. Williams on the massive 160' x 72' JumboTron at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
Michael C. Williams is one of today's most notable Live Event Announcers. You can see Michael weekly as the Ring Announcer for Bellator MMA airing LIVE on Showtime. After 25+ years, you’ll hear Michael’s unmistakable voice nearly everywhere. Michael routinely announces everything from a packed stadium with 60,000 fans, to lavish formal gatherings with as few as a couple hundred guests. Boxing, MMA, Monster Trucks, Triathlons & Marathons, Corporate Productions, Business Meetings, Charity Events...
"If it's live… this is the voice!"®
Or, send Michael an email: [email protected]
A personal message from your instructor...
I’ve been announcing professionally for over 25 years. When I was starting out, there was never anyone to turn to. No one to ask questions, no one for training or coaching, and certainly no one offering any mentoring. During my early years, it was clear to me that all of us (yes, myself included) who were calling ourselves ‘Professional Announcers’ were untrained, at times just yelling, and basically not even close to being a true professional in our craft. We simply didn't know what we didn't know. And again, there was no one, and no place, providing any guidance.
This two-part curriculum, "Getting Started!" and "Getting To The Next Level!", contains exactly the information that I now know would have been critical to my success as I began my career, as well as during those next 5 years or more.
Any time I'm working directly with an Announcer in our LIVE 1-on-1 Personalized Trainings, I am solely focused on accelerating the inevitable learning curve so that the Announcer can advance more rapidly in his/her career. I accomplish this by providing the necessary industry information, and the valuable insights into the announcing craft that I had to acquire and learn on my own over the course of nearly three decades.
I personally designed and created "Getting Started!" and "Getting To The Next Level!" so that they delivers on that same level of true value and commitment to you. Whether you are a new Announcer trying to break into the profession, or an up-and-comer that is trying to get to that next level, these courses are your starting point on the journey towards accomplishing your goals of becoming a Professional -- and doing so in a fraction of the time it took guys like me to do it solo.